Take a look at our Christmas checklist to get your website ready for the advent countdown:
- Update your homepage imagery with festive-themed pictures. If possible, use captions highlighting your seasonal messages and offers.
- Ensure that your Christmas and New Year's Eve breaks are featured amongst your homepage offers and on the top of your booking engine offers. As always, keep the offer description short and simple, while highlighting the price point prominently.
- For search engine optimisation purposes, make sure that you have a dedicated content page that is related to Christmas. Focus your writing on Christmas getaways, gift ideas and festive dining options, but you can leave the actual optimisation to your digital marketing manager.
- Highlight “PURCHASE CHRISTMAS GIFTS” message prominently on your homepage. You can utilise your header images, pop up message or a content box to promote gift sales. Ensure that there is a direct link to your vouchers page.
- Remember to review your gift voucher options. Bestselling gifts tend to be monetary vouchers, dining getaways (1B&B 1D or 2B&B 1D), afternoon tea certificates and spa treatments. Use Christmas-themed pictures on your voucher pages even if it is a generic gift idea - you can always replace it once the season is over.
- Talk to us about pay per click campaigns focusing on gift vouchers or remarketing advertisements aimed at customers who have already visited your website. A small investment can go a long way to generate extra revenue for your property. Once Christmas is over, be sure to review the success of your festive campaigns within your Google Analytics account for that all important ROI!
- Issue an email newsletter dedicated to gift vouchers. Present your customers with ideas and include a best seller list with your most popular gift choices. Read more about our ezine tips in this blog entry.
- Utilise all your social media channels to offer gift ideas to your followers. Keep it conversational, be careful not to make your message too sales-focused.
- If you would like to boost your gift voucher sale early in the season, consider offering an extra 20% or similar on all vouchers sold in the month of November.
- If you are selling products online, it could be a great incentive to offer free shipping to your customers if they conduct a purchase over a certain value.
And finally, remember: Christmas comes but once a year so be sure to make the most of your opportunities.