Whether you’re a hotel chain or an independent hotel, your top priority is to ensure your guests understand what sets you apart from your competitors.
Getting coverage in prestigious publications is key for luxury hotels and brands when it comes to being recognised and being associated with the best in their industry.
Public relations and marketing help you in drawing luxury guests' attention to your property.
What is public relations for luxury hotels?
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing and guiding the perception of your business in order to build its brand and reputation, to attract new guests and to strengthen the loyalty of existing guests. This perception may be developed by direct experiences, the actions and observations of others and the statements you make in the media and marketplace.
What is the difference between PR and marketing?
Broadly speaking the activities of marketing and PR appear to overlap and use similar techniques.
They both aim to develop your brand
in the eyes of guests but they use different approaches.
PR strategies involve communicating with the luxury hotel market to grow awareness for your brand
, manage your hotel’s reputation and cultivate relationships with guests.
focus on your actual products and services, nurturing and persuading guests to use them and promoting them to your target audience.
What are the benefits of PR for your luxury hotel website?
- Luxury guests choose a brand they know and feel they can trust. PR can leverage this trust by building on your hotel's reputation to attract and maintain guests more easily.
- Unhappy staff often will not deliver great customer experience and service. Internal PR uses effective two-way internal communication to make sure staff are being listened to and valued. If you have a positive workforce, the customer service staff deliver will be improved and productivity will increase.
- Effective external communication impacts your hotel's success and image. A well-planned PR strategy will ensure that external communications are precisely targeted to reach the right audience.
- A vital factor in your success is your hotel’s reputation in your local community. Investing in local audiences delivers great trust for your hotel and in times of crisis such as coronavirus.
- In a difficult trading situations your hotel's revenue may vary but a good public relations professional will maintain goodwill by effective external and internal communication.
A good PR strategy will provide creative, effective campaigns
, and deliver quality media exposure in order to generate visibility and grow your brand.
A good PR plan helps you to tell the story of your brand all while connecting with your guests on a human level.
By hiring a professional PR agency, you will continue to increase your overall exposure, nurture loyal guests, and ensure you are top of mind with your potential audience throughout the year.