What is a hotel booking system?
An online booking engine (OBE) for hotels is a reservation processing system to capture bookings via your website.
It collects reservation and credit card information from guests and integrates this data with other hotel management software such as the property management system (PMS).
There are several critical advantages to employing a hotel booking system:
- Capture new bookings without commission from third party channels such as OTAs
- Retain control of your guests
- Upsell or cross sell to bookers
- Available 24 hours per day, every day
- Lowest cost of acquisition
Simple changes like minimising the number of clicks for booking or adding a grid layout with seven days view encourages conversion and will lead potential guests to not abandon the booking process.
Some of our recent blogs encapsulate the most up-to-date intelligence on direct bookings and your luxury hotel booking engine: